Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
this will make about 16 bars...prep time includes chill time
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- Drain pineapple. Set aside.
- Mix flour and butter. Chop 1/4 cup almonds. Add to mixture with 1/4 cup sugar. Mix till crumbly. Press crumb mixture into 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and drained pineapple. Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Top with coconut and remaining sliced 1/4 cup almonds.
- Continue to bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
Awesome recipe - very easy to put together - coworkers loved this! A nice change from all the chocolate - thanks for the recipe