Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pepper Sauce is a Southern Condiment (Not to be confused with Hot Sauce) that is primarily used on Greens, Southern Peas and Cornbread and just about anything you want to add a bit of spice. I like to have some red and some green peppers so the bottle looks better on the table but that is optional. Wear plastic gloves when handling peppers. You can also add a teaspoon of Olive Oil if you like some extra heat.
- Tightly pack a clean decorative Glass Jar (Empty Malt or Red Wine Vinegar Jars work great) with the peppers.
- Bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring until salt and sugar are dissolved (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over the peppers.
- Leave about 1 inch from the top of the jar.
- If it starts getting low you can add a bit more of the Vinegar mixture.