Recipe by LMillerRN
This recipe is from a local grocery store. A little cajun kick to your everyday chicken alfredo. I did research and made sure there was not a typo. The original recipe does call for 2T of Cajun seasoning but please season to your own taste. Thanks for the reviews.
Top Review by ebtullius78
This is really good. There must be a mistake though with the seasonings. This will NOT be eddible if you use 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning. I used about a tsp of cajun and half a tsp of black pepper and cayenne pepper. If you need to adjust...fine, but I highly suggest starting there, or you will KILL your family.
- 3⁄4 lb barilla penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Barilla Penne pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning and ground black and cayenne peppers.
- Add bell peppers and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover; stir in cream and let simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.