1/1 Photo of Southern Penne Pasta With Chicken
This recipe is from a local grocery store. A little cajun kick to your everyday chicken alfredo. I did research and made sure there was not a typo. The original recipe does call for 2T of Cajun seasoning but please season to your own taste. Thanks for the reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb barilla penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1Cook Barilla Penne pasta according to package directions.
- 2Drain; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning and ground black and cayenne peppers.
- 6Add bell peppers and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- 7Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Uncover; stir in cream and let simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- 9Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 10Remove sauce from heat, stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Penne Pasta With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 368.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 30.1 g