1/1 Photo of Southern Penne Pasta With Chicken
This recipe is from a local grocery store. A little cajun kick to your everyday chicken alfredo. I did research and made sure there was not a typo. The original recipe does call for 2T of Cajun seasoning but please season to your own taste. Thanks for the reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb barilla penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1Cook Barilla Penne pasta according to package directions.
- 2Drain; set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning and ground black and cayenne peppers.
- 6Add bell peppers and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- 7Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Uncover; stir in cream and let simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- 9Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 10Remove sauce from heat, stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Penne Pasta With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 368.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 30.1 g