Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from the Pepperidge Farm website. These are absolutely divine!!!! They are easy and delicious and look so fabulous!
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- powdered sugar
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minute Preheat oven to 400º.
- Mix brown sugar, butter and pecans.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 15"x12" rectangle. Cut into 20 squares (I actually only did 16).
- Press squares into bottoms of muffin tins. Place 1 heaping teaspoon pecan mixture in center of each.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pans. Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Oh My Goodness! These are outstanding! I halved the recipe (using 1 half of 1 sheet of puff pastry), but it went together so quickly, I couldn't believe it...I did use 1 mini muffin tin, and my quantity was 10. These would be lovely on a dessert tray, and luscious with an after dinner coffee! Thanks, Charmie777 for sharing a great recipe. Made for ZWT 5.
Extremely easy to make, although I only made 12, so I would only have to use one muffin tin. Very tasty, although a little overly sweet. Based on previous comments I didn't add any powdered sugar, and they were plenty sweet without it. A good recipe, fast and easy, to try.
Followed recipe exactly (darned if I know how y'all got the puff squares into the muffin tins without the pastry breaking and having to be repaired). The filling was rock hard. Even my young Grandsons turned these down after one bite.