Recipe by youngdovefarm
Pecan pie as it's meant to be. Tried and true. 1 Tablespoon of bourbon really takes it over the top, but it is still fabulous without it if you would rather not use this ingredient.
Top Review by Burtram73
I have strong feelings about the fact that pecan pie should be made with dark corn syrup (or if you have to use light corn syrup, you should at least use brown sugar) - so this recipe is perfect! Caramelized, but not excessively sweet - I'm glad to know there are still recipes like this out there!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole pecans
- 1 whole unbaked pie shell
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the white sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, bourbon (optional) and vanilla together in a bowl. Arrange the pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the top. Bake the pie until it's no longer loose and jiggly, 1 hour 10 minutes, being careful not to burn pecans and crust. (Cover with foil for part of the baking time if it browns too quickly).
- Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Serve in thin slivers with freshly whipped cream.