Recipe by kellychris
My grandmother was the best cook I've known. This is the way she made a pecan pie filling. Prep. time does not include the 30-45 minutes needed to cool the filling.
Top Review by luvcook'n
For us...this is a very different kind of filling for pecan pie. It is wonderful! All the flavours are there. It's quite sweet....so only a small slice is needed. Instead of a regular pie crust...I made "recipe #116887" and put some chopped pecans in the crust. This is a definately a keeper. Thank you Kelly for sharing.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice or 1⁄4 teaspoon extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup broken pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and cook in double boiler for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for the first 20 minutes, then stirring every 3-5 minutes,or until thickened.
- While mixture cools, prepare topping.
- For Topping: Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour cooled filling into baked pie shell.
- Cover with topping and bake in 325 degree oven until light brown or about 15 minutes.