- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup sugar
- salt, a pinch
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, salt, and corn syrup.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Spread the pecans in the bottom of an unbaked pie crust and pour the filling over the pecans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the filling has set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean; watch pie crust edges; cover to prevent overbrowning.