- 1 loaf French bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bread into 1 inch cubes and place in greased bowl.
- Beat eggs; add milk and spices. Pour over bread. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place bread mixture in a 9X9 greased baking dish.
- Prepare topping as follows: Melt butter and mix with remaining ingredients. Pour over bread mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.