1/2 Photos of Southern Pecan crusted Chicken with Mustard sauce
Very good crusted chicken!! and quick too. When I don't have sour cream around I have used yogurt instead, it works well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (keens)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1In food processor, finely chop pecans, cornstarch, thyme, salt cayenne and dry mustard.
- 2Whirl in parsley.
- 3Transfer to shallow bowl;set aside.
- 4In separate shallow bowl, beat egg.
- 5Dip each chicken breast into egg, then into pecan mixture, coating both sides well.
- 6(Make ahead: transfer to platter and cover loosley with plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 2 hours.) In large nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- 7Sauce: Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together sour cream, Dijon mustard, sugar and salt.
- 8Serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Pecan crusted Chicken with Mustard sauce
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.1
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 591.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 29.9 g