Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe I concocted myself. I've also used pineapple chunks in place of the peaches. Watch carefully once you top with the marshmallows.....they burn easily. Remove from oven once they start to expand and lightly brown.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 (15 2/3-19 5/8 ounce) cans yams, drained (save juice)
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained (save juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- Combine sugar, flour and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add nuts (see note).
- Arrange yams and peaches in casserole; sprinkle w/sugar mixture.
- Pour some of the peach juice and yam juice around yams (about 1/2 to 1 cup).
- Bake@ 350 degrees, 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle w/mini mallows.
- Broil till lightly browned.
- Note:** I double the recipe for the topping, ingredients 1 to 4 only, but if you like additional nuts, add more.