Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe by So Co I have not made these yet. Please read AB_Fan's review, you will find a lot of good information on this recipe. AB_Fan, thank you for that informative review.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 firm peaches, cut into eight chunks each
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Southern Comfort
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 16 slices bacon, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- Combine pork, peaches, onion, thyme, bay leaf, Southern Comfort and oil.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Wrap peach chunks in slices of bacon.
- Skewer pork, peaches and onion alternately.
- Grill 5 to 10 minutes basting occasionally with marinade.
This was okay, but I probably won't make it again. All that bacon - 32 half-pieces of bacon wrapped around the peaches - making 8 bacon wrapped peaches per skewer - makes this a very greasy kabob. And while the Southern Comfort imparts some flavor, it along with the thyme and bay leaf isn't enough to wow my palate. 15 minutes prep doesn't include making skewers - add at least 15 mins because you have to wrap the peaches in bacon first, then assemble the skewers. Cooking should be done over a medium low flame, because if you try to cook these over high heat you'll have unbearable flame-ups. So, add another 10 minutes to cook time too. Realistically, this should take 15-20 mins to chop the peaches, meat, and onions and assemble the marinade, 15-20 mins to assemble the skewers, and 20 mins to grill - total 50-60 minutes. An interesting flavor combination with the peaches and pork, though. I wouldn't have thought of it myself. Thanks for posting, Charlotte!