Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful dish to take to church pitch-in dinners or picnics!
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup or 297.66 g can cream of celery soup
- 425.24 g jar Cheez Whiz or 473.18 ml grated cheese
- 473.18 ml crushed corn flakes
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- Defrost potatoes and place into a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine butter, salt, pepper, onion, soup, sour cream and cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with corn flakes; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 450°F for 45 minutes.
Wonderful! I halved this recipe and it worked just as well!
This was very good. I also added some frozen mixed vegtables to this. Very tasty. Thanks for the recipe.
These are the party potatoes that I know and love! I could have sworn the recipe was on the back of the bag of hash browns. Good thing I double checked here on Zaar before cooking our Easter meal! I made this dish gluten free by using Cream Soup Mix (Replacement for Cream of ___ Soups) Substitute. I also subbed low fat sour cream and 2% cheddar cheese with excellent results. Thank you for posting!