Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful dish to take to church pitch-in dinners or picnics!
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz or 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Defrost potatoes and place into a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine butter, salt, pepper, onion, soup, sour cream and cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with corn flakes; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 450°F for 45 minutes.
Wonderful! I halved this recipe and it worked just as well!
This was very good. I also added some frozen mixed vegtables to this. Very tasty. Thanks for the recipe.
These are the party potatoes that I know and love! I could have sworn the recipe was on the back of the bag of hash browns. Good thing I double checked here on Zaar before cooking our Easter meal! I made this dish gluten free by using Cream Soup Mix (Replacement for Cream of ___ Soups) Substitute. I also subbed low fat sour cream and 2% cheddar cheese with excellent results. Thank you for posting!