Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe - probably from the food network years ago!! I haven't made these - YET - but I will and post a review!!!
- 9 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Wash pork chops, pat dry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil - medium high heat.
- Dredge chops in flour and shake of excess and sear in the heated oil - cook for about 1 minute per side to brown.
- Remove chops from skillet and place on a brown paper bag to absorb excess oil.
- Turn skillet to medium low and add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes to soften the onion and then add chops back to the skillet.
- Cover with 1/4 cup water and put a lid on the skillet and steam the chops for about 20 minutes.
Mmmmm. really good! I made these tonight, I'm definitely going to be making these again. The only change I made was that I used a red onion instead of a yellow. Delicious.