Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Southern fried chicken without the added fat and calories!
- 8 pieces chicken parts (drumsticks, thighs)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups kellogs corn flake crumbs
- Take chicken pieces and remove skin.
- Mix hot sauce and milk in a bowl.
- Take chicken and soak in milk mixture for about 1/2 hour.
- In a medium bowl put corn flake crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and paprika; mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil sprayed with Pam.
- Coat chicken with crumb mixture and press chicken hard to get that corn flake mixture adhered to it.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and spray Pam on each piece of chicken.
- Put in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hour or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with sugar snap peas, buttermilk biscuits and country gravy.
I have used this recipe for years. and I would never use any other. I get rave reviews when I prepare it for family or guests. Ocasionally when I only have butermilk on hand I use it instead of milk . It is good either wway.