Recipe by Dienia B.
my ex mother in law bertha bennett made these REALLY easy biscuits that taste great . she said she worked in a cafe and thats how they made them she used 3 ingredients with well in center method ,she never measured just dumped into the bowl lol
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, she used canned milk and rinsed out the can and used that water also
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- make a well in the bowl with your flour
- pour in milk and oil , i use lemon juice cause it just helps the rise for me.
- incorporate flour from inside going out may need a little more milk or flour
- pinch off six balls of dough , she used canned milk , which i do to i use 1 cup of the canned milk for gravy and 1 cup for biscuits with the wash out canned water 1/4 cup of it
- ,i like big biscuits , or 12 depending on size you want , just make them the same size . put on lightly greased cookie sheet
- some people use cast iron skillet
- bake in preheated 425 degree oven 15- 20 minutes until browned.