Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
my ex mother in law bertha bennett made these REALLY easy biscuits that taste great . she said she worked in a cafe and thats how they made them she used 3 ingredients with well in center method ,she never measured just dumped into the bowl lol
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, she used canned milk and rinsed out the can and used that water also
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- make a well in the bowl with your flour
- pour in milk and oil , i use lemon juice cause it just helps the rise for me.
- incorporate flour from inside going out may need a little more milk or flour
- pinch off six balls of dough , she used canned milk , which i do to i use 1 cup of the canned milk for gravy and 1 cup for biscuits with the wash out canned water 1/4 cup of it
- ,i like big biscuits , or 12 depending on size you want , just make them the same size . put on lightly greased cookie sheet
- some people use cast iron skillet
- bake in preheated 425 degree oven 15- 20 minutes until browned.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
These were really good! Using the oil is much easier than cutting in solid shortening. Mine did not rise as hight as the ones in the picture, but I made them cathead-style; next time I will roll and cut them out, I think this will help them to rise higher. Thanks for posting the recipe!