Recipe by Bev
A true southern tradition. So smooth and mellow. Wonderful for a hot summer's day, swinging slowly on a porch swing ; )
Top Review by Madray7
I made this recipe and the Mock Mint Julep recipe, especially for those who don't drink alcohol. This was good, but most of my guests liked the Mock one better. Those who enjoy a little alcohol, added a bit of bourbon or rum to the Mock one.
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ice, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mint in blender; add water and sugar.
- Blend until leaves disappear, add ice and bourbon; blend a few seconds.
- Pour into frosted glass or julep cup which has been filled with finely chopped ice.
- Stir and decorate with a sprig of mint.
- Serves 1.
- Note: Serve with a short straw that is no taller than the mint, so one enjoys the aroma as well as the taste.