Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my own creation inspired by, if not entirely true to, the cuisines of the Southern Mediterranean which I love. Use it as a dip, spread it on any type of toasted bread. I've used it on grilled steak to good advantage. You'll get 16 servings of 1 Tbsp each.
- 6 ounces goat cheese (chevre)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, mint , cilantro leaves,snipped, 1/4 cup in total NOT each. * Please see below)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded fresh lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl crumble goat cheese. Meanwhile in a small chilled bowl, whip cream until thickened only and stir into goat cheese.
- Stir in herbs, shallot, lemon peel, and garlic. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Thin with additional cream, if desired. Serve on toasted pita wedges, Syrian bread or anything you wish.
- * 1/4 cup in total. Mix the herb amounts to your preference but you might want to make the parsley the main herb with smaller amounts of the remaining 3.
This was delicious! I used almond milk instead of cream, just used a little less. Thanks!
Local goat cheese, local heavy cream, locally grown Italian parsley and a wee bit of cilantro. Perfect! We tried a wonderful goat cheese from a local goat farm and I made this breadto accompany: Marianne Baguette - Traditional Rustic French Bread. Reviewed for NA*ME tag/May.