Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was found in a "Cooking with Paula Deen" magazine. In sounded so simular to my Southern Macaroni Pie that I thought I would whip it up to compare. This macaroni pie is just as good if not a wee bit better. It certainly needs to be compared side by side to be sure....but then, what would I do with all that pie? This recipe was titled in the magazine "Libba's Macaroni & Cheese"
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (for casseroles)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 3⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- Cook pasta, according to package directions; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 3/4 cups cheese, milk, eggs.
- Pour over pasta, stirring well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Top with reserved 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 40-45 mins, or until set.
Finally able to solve the "something is missing" every time I make my macaroni pie. Only added salt and pepper and it turned out great. Thank you!
I love this recipe. I had the Paula Dean mag that had this recipe but I lost it so I am so glad to have found it here. This is easy, inexpensive and loved by the whole family. What I love about this recipe is that I use up whatever cheese I have in the fridge. Today I used a Mexican blend left over from when we had tacos, a small block of cheddar and a small block of Mont Jack that was in the fridge. No matter what I use it still comes out great!