1/1 Photo of Southern Macaroni Pie
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was given to me by my niece who resides in South Carolina. It is different than Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipes. I use this as a side dish to baked or fried chicken, baked pork chops, kielbasa, or just about anything. It is an alternate to having the traditional potatoes at most meals. You will find this recipe is quick to put together and calls for a minimal number of ingredients. Leftovers can be reheated in a microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in salted water until almost done.
- 2Beat egg and flour with fork until there are no lumps.
- 3Beat in milk and salt.
- 4In a greased 2 quart shallow casserole dish, layer the macaroni, cheese, another layer of macaroni, and a final layer of cheese.
- 5Pour the milk mixture over the top of layered ingredients.
- 6Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven.
- 7Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- 8This last step is important to let the pie set-up.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Macaroni Pie
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.3
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 794.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g