Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from a little lady from the south named Paula. This dish has spoiled my family so much that they no longer prefer the box macaroni and cheese. It's definitely a keeper in our home. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter (sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain macaroni.
- While hot add 1 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a separate container mix all other ingredients.
- Pour macaroni and cheese in a casserole dish.
- Pour all remaining ingredients over mac and cheese; give a good stir.
- Top with cheddar cheese to your liking.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes in a 350° oven.
Very good, added more cheese and is good while it's hot!
This was good although I preferred to add more cheese than the recipe called for. It's kind of like cheesy macaroni with sauce on it - next time I'll add some cheese to the sauce mixture too.