Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the real deal! Lots of cheese and it will leave em' screaming for more. It is my family's recipe with a few changes though the years and now it is perfect.
- 16 ounces large elbow macaroni
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Boil the macaroni in a large pot with the olive oil until tender.
- While the macaroni is boiling, shred the cheddar cheese and the Monterey Jack cheese onto separate plates.
- Pour milk into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Add melted butter. Mix until ingredients are well blended.
- When macaroni is finished cooking, remove from pot and rinse well with cold water.
- Pour the macaroni into a large oven safe dish (I prefer an aluminum pan for easy clean up.
- Mix about half of the cheddar cheese into the macaroni. Mix in all of the Monterey Jack cheese. Cut the Velveeta cheese into chunks and mix into macaroni. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the macaroni and mix well. Spread the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the macaroni.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
great recipe family loves it .. will add to regular menu
Nice and creamy. It stayed very moist even after baking. It's an easy and basic recipe, but it's very good. Both kids and adults will be happy with this. I will experiment with different cheeses when I make this again. Thanx for sharing!
Loved this recipe! I used two ages of cheddar. Wow! Definitely going in my cookbook.