1/4 Photos of Southern Macaroni and Cheese
Chalmers Cookin''s Note:
This is the real deal! Lots of cheese and it will leave em' screaming for more. It is my family's recipe with a few changes though the years and now it is perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the macaroni in a large pot with the olive oil until tender.
- 2While the macaroni is boiling, shred the cheddar cheese and the Monterey Jack cheese onto separate plates.
- 3Pour milk into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Add melted butter. Mix until ingredients are well blended.
- 4When macaroni is finished cooking, remove from pot and rinse well with cold water.
- 5Pour the macaroni into a large oven safe dish (I prefer an aluminum pan for easy clean up.
- 6Mix about half of the cheddar cheese into the macaroni. Mix in all of the Monterey Jack cheese. Cut the Velveeta cheese into chunks and mix into macaroni. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the macaroni and mix well. Spread the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the macaroni.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.2
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 196.5 mg
- Sodium 1166.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 38.2 g