1/6 Photos of Southern Macaroni and Cheese
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
A recipe I gladly received from my husband's grandmother. True comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a flat bottomed casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- 2Put half of the macaroni in the dish, top with half of the shredded cheese.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Mix the melted butter and enough crushed saltines to absorb the butter, together.
- 6Spread on top of cheese layer.
- 7Pour milk slowly over all.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until milk is no longer liquid.
- 9Let set for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g