I got this recipe out of the 1996 Southern Living's Annual Recipes cookbook years ago. I tried because it started out with a yellow cake mix and now everyone loves it and requests it every year. It is so super easy and it even makes 2 loaves-- 1 to keep and eat and 1 to give away. Enjoy!!!!
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale; add cake mix and next 3 ingredients, mixing well.
- Stir in bananas and nuts.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 8 1/2x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
This really is a great banana bread - and so easy! The bread is very moist with a nice banana flavor. The nuts I used were pecans very finely chopped. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
I love this bread! I have made it several times and have gotten compliments every time! It is easy, for sure, but it is also a good consistency and is very tasty. Some of the banana bread batters that I made in the past were very hard to stir and I was worn out when I was ready to put them in the oven. Also, it is good to have two loaves and I usually freeze one for unexpected company or whatever else comes up. I definitely recommend this recipe!!