1/12 Photos of Southern Living's Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 hr 45 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
From the Big Book of Christmas Baking, courtesy MrZ, who describes it as being both "moist and delicious". Use real butter in this recipe. It will make a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Use an electric mixer to mix both butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- 3Gradually add sugar and beat for 5 minutes, then add eggs one at a time, allowing each to incorporate before adding more. Stir in vanilla.
- 4Sift flour and salt and add gradually to the mixer, beating until well blended.
- 5Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan or tube cake pan.
- 6Place 2 cups water in an ovenproof container on the rack in the oven next to the cake.
- 7Bake cake at 300 for an hour and 45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed cleanly.
- 8Place pan on a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and complete cooling on the wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Living's Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7371.8
- Calories from Fat 3475
- Total Fat 386.1 g
- Saturated Fat 228.7 g
- Cholesterol 2097.9 mg
- Sodium 3891.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 899.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 610.0 g
- Protein 92.7 g