Recipe by Johnsdeere
I get so many rave reviews for this banana bread, courtesy of Southern living. My father-in-law will request this every couple of weeks and I can happily oblige due to the over ripe bananas we have in our home. The cream cheese keeps the bread nice and moist and the pecans are a nice added texture. :) I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. One thing to point out I prefer to use Nucoa Margarine, it doesn't burn, it doesn't contain milk or whey either) In the end..it makes a prettier loaf of bread)
Top Review by Sharon Deakle
I have been looking for a Banana bread recipe for the longest time, without any luck as every single one of them... have been less then memorable UNTIL today lol. I absolutely love this recipe, Its Soooo yummy! All of the flavor and moistness, that I crave In a Great Banana bread Is definitely present and the cream cheese adds a little more depth to It. I did tweak the recipe a tad bit by adding 3 eggs instead of 2, I also put 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla , and in addition to the cinnamon I added finely ground clove,ginger,and nutmeg. Also since i was doing muffins, I baked them @ 350 like the recipe called for, but for only 25 min. I've finally found the Banana bread recipe that is more then memorable, and is now my favorite. I cant wait to pass a few of them to family and friends <3<br/><br/>Thanks so much for sharing !!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (1 1/4 pounds unpeeled bananas, about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.