Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves this recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups thinly sliced baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat 8019 minutes or until thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add cheddar cheese, and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts and is well-blended.
- Place half of potato slices evenly in a lightly greased 11x7" baking dish; pour half of cheese mixture over potatoes.
- Repeat layers with remaining half of potato slices and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees, for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.
Tasty!!!! I also sprinkled with crumbled bacon after baking.
Brought to a potluck which elecited a marriage proposal, which I suspect was insincere.
MMMMM...love the addition of the herbs--tops it right over!! The mayo was new to me in scalloped potatoes--nice change! Made for Farmhouse Cooking in Cooking Photos.