Recipe by iewe
I love Carmel, I love Pecan Pie... I saw someone post something about seeing a recipe like this and had to do a search, and here is what I found from Southern Living.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 28 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold the edges under, and crimp.
- Prick the bottom and sides of pie crust with a fork.
- Bake the pie crust at 400F for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.
- Combine the caramels, butter, and 1/4 cup water in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until caramels and butter are melted; remove from heat.
- Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients.
- Stir into caramel mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°, and bake 20 more minutes, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove pie to a wire rack to cool.