Recipe by daisygrl64
A hearty stick to the ribs country way to prepare lima beans. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook
Top Review by Chamberienne
A nice, simple recipe! I have always found lima beans to be kind of bland, and this recipe really livens them up! I added garlic (I already had it chopped and figured might as well add it in), but otherwise, kept the recipe the same. I found that the tomato masked the bacon, but otherwise, a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 slices thick bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- in a 10" skillet melt butter until sizzling, stir in bacon and onion. cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes. drain. reduce heat to medium, stir in remaining ingredients. continue cooking, stirring occasionally until lima beans are tender about 8 to 10 minute.