Recipe by 2Bleu
Simple and easy to make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely do love the taste of lemon, & this chess pie was just the ticket for the 2 of us! We actually shared it with 2 friends here for the day, & it didn't last but one meal! Easy to prepare, which just add to its attractiveness! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 whole eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose yellow cornmeal (can use white)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 9 inches pie shells, pre-baked 10 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together sugar, cornmeal, lemon juice, butter and egg yolks for 5 minutes or more until creamy.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into this lemon mixture. Gently pour filling into pie crust. Bake about 15 minutes or until top of pie begins to brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or more until pie is just set in the middle.
- It should be a little jiggly, not runny, in the middle. Remove from oven and cool.
- It can be refrigerated, but is best served at room temperature. Covered, this pie will keep unrefrigerated for up to 4 days.