1/2 Photos of Southern Lady Cake
This cake was published in the very first edition of the magazine "Southern Lady". It was created as a tribute to the magazine by a lady in Atlanta known as the "Cake Lady". She is truly talented! This is my most favorite cake and the one that's most often requested at my house. I have been making this cake for years and I follow the recipe exactly as it's written. I have never in all those years had this cake turn out soggy. True, it is a MOIST cake, but if made as written, should not be soggy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour a tube cake pan.
- 2Combine the cake mix, sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- 3Add the sour cream, the oil and orange extract.
- 4Mix at low speed with a mixer.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time.
- 6Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- 7Add in the mandarin oranges and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- 10Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 11Combine the orange juice and confectioners sugar well.
- 12Drizzle over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Lady Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5218.2
- Calories from Fat 2439
- Total Fat 271.1 g
- Saturated Fat 60.7 g
- Cholesterol 873.9 mg
- Sodium 3883.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 655.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 453.0 g
- Protein 56.9 g