Toby's Foods's Note:
This legendary Dallas Restaurant Chain closed sometime during the ‘90’s; however, anyone who ever ate there will recall these wonderful rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dough Instructions:.
- 2Scald milk.
- 3Add butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- 4Add sugar and salt and stir until dissolved.
- 5Dissolve yeast in warm water and add to milk mixture.
- 6Add 1 C of flour and beat well.
- 7Add egg, which has been beaten lightly, and beat about 2 minutes.
- 8Add 1 C of flour and beat well.
- 9Add remaining flour and mix well.
- 10Place on floured board and knead very lightly about 8 times.
- 11Put in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- 12Cinnamon-Sugar Instructions:.
- 13Mix sugars and cinnamon together until well-blended.
- 14Roll dough out to a rectangle about 8” X 20”.
- 15Completely cover the dough with 1 T melted butter.
- 16Spread cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over surface, reserving about ¾ C for the top.
- 17Roll up and cut into 24 even sized pieces.
- 18Melt 5 T butter in a 7” X 10” pan and put rolls in pan, placing cut side up. Press down to force butter up around rolls.
- 19Then spread remaining sugar mixture evenly over top.
- 20Press down. Let rise until doubled.
- 21Bake at 375 deg. Until done…about 20 minute Serve Warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Kitchen Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g