Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a modified recipe from the back of a Ronzoni pasta box. The original recipe called for beef bouillon and water.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth, low sodium
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ditalini, uncooked
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- In large pan, saute vegetables in oil for approx 10 minutes, until tender. Stir in broth, tomatoes, basil and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add Ditalini and beans (do not drain). Simmer an additional 15-20 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese on top.