1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was my Grandmother's - a sweet little lady from Bari Italy. The only thing I changed was the type of bread. Since the crust was removed from the Italian loaf, I use white bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 lb ground veal
- 12 garlic cloves, finely minced (please don't use that jar trash)
- 1 bunch parsley stems, removed finely chopped
- 8 slices white bread, tore into little pieces crust removed
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup grana padano
- 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1Combine ground beef, sausage, veal, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl and put aside.
- 2Mix the bread, beef stock, Parmesan cheese, romano cheese, pepper, sea salt, eggs, and breadcrumbs together. Combine well, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- 3Roll into1-1/2 size balls and fry in 1' of olive oil until golden brown on all sides, or bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit - great either way.
- 4Meatballs may be added to your favorite sauce or eat them straight from the oven or pan.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Italian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 203.9 mg
- Sodium 1312.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: