1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was my Grandmother's - a sweet little lady from Bari Italy. The only thing I changed was the type of bread. Since the crust was removed from the Italian loaf, I use white bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 lb ground veal
- 12 garlic cloves, finely minced (please don't use that jar trash)
- 1 bunch parsley stems, removed finely chopped
- 8 slices white bread, tore into little pieces crust removed
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup grana padano
- 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1Combine ground beef, sausage, veal, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl and put aside.
- 2Mix the bread, beef stock, Parmesan cheese, romano cheese, pepper, sea salt, eggs, and breadcrumbs together. Combine well, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- 3Roll into1-1/2 size balls and fry in 1' of olive oil until golden brown on all sides, or bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit - great either way.
- 4Meatballs may be added to your favorite sauce or eat them straight from the oven or pan.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Italian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 203.9 mg
- Sodium 1312.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: