1/1 Photo of Southern Iced Tea
A table staple in most households and restaurants throughout the South. This is the beverage our mamas taught us to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place tea bags in a 2 quart glass pitcher.
- 2Pour one quart boiling water over tea bags.
- 3Let this steep for five minutes.
- 4Remove tea bags from water, and press tea bags gently against the side of the container with the back of a wooden spoon.
- 5Remove tea bags from container and discard.
- 6Stir in one cup sugar.
- 7Add the remaining one quart of water.
- 8Stir, cool to room temperature.
- 9Serve over ice.
- 10If desired, garnish with lemon wedge.
- 11Note: You may store any leftovers in the refrigerator, but the tea will turn a bit cloudy.
- 12(This does not affect the taste).
- 13If you want to take the haziness out of the tea, you may stir in 1/4 cup boiling water per quart of iced tea just before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (2096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 99.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: