Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a true southern dish. It goes well with any main course.
- 2 lbs of fresh pole beans
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the beans,trim stems and ends and snap beans in half and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in large saucepan until crisp remove the bacon reserve the drippings in pan crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Add water and remaining 3 ingredients to the pan bring to boil over high heat add beans and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve with a slotted spoon.
Great recipe although I added a small yellow onion diced to the bacon drippings and a half teaspoon red pepper flakes. Yummy