Simple. A good snack or breakfast dish. Serve with a dash of salt or cane or maple syrup. I had these as a child during my summers in Alabama.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix meal and salt into a bowl.
- 2Add boiling water.
- 3Stir with spoon and mix well.
- 4Will form a stiff batter or dough.
- 5Drop rounded large spoonfuls (tbsp) into hot greased pan.
- 6Flatten into flat 1/4 inch thick circles.
- 7Cook until golden brown on each side, turning once, about 2 minutes per side.
- 8Strain on paper towel.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Hoe Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: