Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family's favorite with seafood, especially with shrimp or crabcakes. It's great for brunch or a casual dinner party! Growing up, I never had grits, but I've grown to love them. :) Prep time does not include the 20 minutes needed to cook the grits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x12x2-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place hot grits in large bowl.
- Add butter and stir to mix and let butter melt.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour into casserole.
- Place casserole in oven; place pan of water on shelf below casserole.
- This helps keep carrerole from drying out.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle casserole with cheese and then bacon.
- Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes until just set in the middle.
- Serve hot.