1 hr 10 mins
My family's favorite with seafood, especially with shrimp or crabcakes. It's great for brunch or a casual dinner party! Growing up, I never had grits, but I've grown to love them. :) Prep time does not include the 20 minutes needed to cook the grits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 9x12x2-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place hot grits in large bowl.
- 4Add butter and stir to mix and let butter melt.
- 5Add liquid ingredients and stir to mix well.
- 6Pour into casserole.
- 7Place casserole in oven; place pan of water on shelf below casserole.
- 8This helps keep carrerole from drying out.
- 9Bake 50 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle casserole with cheese and then bacon.
- 11Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes until just set in the middle.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Grits Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.5
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 15.0 g