1/1 Photo of Southern Grits
Connie K's Note:
Hubby says these grits are fit for a Southern Tea Room. No higher compliment than that! It is not a mistake to use quick cooking grits, and cook them for almost half an hour. These grits have body!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pot, bring water, milk, and salt to a boil.
- 2Slowly stir grits into boiling mixture.
- 3Stir continuously and thoroughly until grits are well mixed.
- 4Let the pot return to a boil, cover pot with a lid, lower the temperature, and cook for approximately 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- 5Add more water if necessary.
- 6Grits are done when they have the consistency of stiff cream of wheat.
- 7Stir in butter.
- 8Serve with additional butter on top of each portion, or serve with fruit or with a savory meal.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Grits
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g