Recipe by Geema
This recipe brings salad to a whole new level!
Top Review by PaulaG
This is an excellent salad and a repeat in our home. I used prepackaged baby mixed greens and it was wonderful. In place of the olive oil, I used some Pecan Oil and it was still wonderful. I still think this would be good with some grilled chicken to make a light meal. Thanks for posting.
- 6 cups fresh greens, spinach, Swiss chard, beet, turnip, etc. Just use your favorites
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons coconut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash greens well and tear in large pieces, removing any tough stems or ribs.
- In a small, non-stick skillet, stir together the vinegar, honey and mustard, oil and pecans.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Pour over greens and serve immediately.