Be sure to wash your greens well. You can use one or a combination of greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet over med-high heat 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 2Place on paper towls to drain, them about`/4 cup drippings in the skillet.
- 3Coarsely crumble bacon.
- 4Add shallots and garlic to skillet.
- 5Cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until shallots are just softened.
- 6Stir in vinegar and pepper Tost pecan halves, spread on baking sheet and bake at 375F for 7-10 minutes or until light gold.
- 7Remove stems from greens and discard, then coarsely chop.
- 8Place in large bowl.
- 9Just before serving, toss with enough of the hot vinaigrette to lightly coat greens, tossing quickly to mix and barely wilt the greens.
- 10Divide among 8 serving plates and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and top with pecans.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Greens with Hot Bacon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar