Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Be sure to wash your greens well. You can use one or a combination of greens.
Make and share this Southern Greens with Hot Bacon Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over med-high heat 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Place on paper towls to drain, them about`/4 cup drippings in the skillet.
- Coarsely crumble bacon.
- Add shallots and garlic to skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until shallots are just softened.
- Stir in vinegar and pepper Tost pecan halves, spread on baking sheet and bake at 375F for 7-10 minutes or until light gold.
- Remove stems from greens and discard, then coarsely chop.
- Place in large bowl.
- Just before serving, toss with enough of the hot vinaigrette to lightly coat greens, tossing quickly to mix and barely wilt the greens.
- Divide among 8 serving plates and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and top with pecans.
I used turnip greens. The recipe makes a large bowl. I thought I would have plenty left over, assuming that my boys would eat only a small amount. Boy, was I wrong. All three had second helpings and there was only a few small leaves left in the bottom of the bowl.