1/2 Photos of Southern Green Beans and Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Greenbeans with smoked bacon (or ham hock) and potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the bacon or the ham hock until the fat starts to render out.
- 2Add canned green beans, including the water in the can.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add the potatoes and just enough water to cover; cook for about 25 minutes.
- 5For fresh green beans:.
- 6Sauté the pork after you have washed and cut the green beans in half; add to pot. Cover with water. Add salt and pepper and cook until tender on low heat.
- 7Add in potatoes and cook a little longer until the potatoes are done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Green Beans and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 170.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g