Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My sister in law from Georgia cooks these at holiday gatherings. Not sure on cook time, just cook until tender.
- After washing green beans place in a large stockpot and cover with water.
- Slice ends off onion, place whole onion in pot with beans.
- Add 4-6 tbsp (this is a guesstimate, I just do it to taste until water is brown color) of granules and oil.
- Boil beans and cook down water.
- Continue to add water and cook down until beans are tender.
- Remove onion before serving.
We had a "southern cooking" fund raiser lunch at work, so I made a pot of these. I heated them up, then dumped them in the crockpot to cook down while I was at work. I chopped half the onion into the beans, even though this says to leave it whole and then remove it. I've learned that this is not how I personally enjoy green beans, but they were popular; almost the whole pot was gone!