Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are excellent. This recipe calls for frozen green beans, but I often make it with fresh green beans for an even better taste. Great as a side to the holiday dinners.
- 3 cups frozen green beans
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- parmesan cheese
- Place beans in pan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Fry bacon until crisp and crumble.
- Combine onion, bacon and seasoned salt; add to green beans.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
My family doesn't care to much for frozen green beans but these tasted very good. I liked the addition of the parmesan cheese. No one knew this was made with frozen beans. Thanks jaynine. Bullwinkle.
Sorry--I am a southern gal, so I was excited to try these green beans, but these just didn't do it for us. The seasoning salt gave the beans a taste we just didn't like, and the parmesan doesn't taste right. I won't be making these again.
Yum, yum, yum. Adding bacon & onion is the only way I ate green beans until I was probably 25! I halved the recipe. also drained most of the water off and I didn't use parmesan. These were a perfect side; I served with Meat Loaf Barbecue Style and Southern Living Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Thank you!