Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Recipe Goldmine, this is my scaled down, simplified version of Dick Clark's meatloaf. It is the only meatloaf recipe I use now. My boyfriend and I can't decide if it is the Rosemary gravy or the Southern Glaze that makes this meatloaf so special! It's delicious! Tastes even better on sandwiches the next day!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Oven@ 400 Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape meatloaf mixture into a loaf.
- Place in a baking dish which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Drape the bacon slices over the meatloaf length-wise.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- *I use a meat thermometer. The meat should reach at least 160 degrees.*
- Combine Southern Glaze ingredients.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven.
- Using a pastry or a bbq brush, brush the glaze over and around the sides of the meatloaf.
- Return meatloaf to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, combine Rosemary Gravy ingredients.
- Heat on medium heat until hot.
PRINCESS---- Thanks for the delicous meatloaf. I was in the mood for a meatloaf and was looking for something new. I did add 1/2 tsp liquid smoke. The glaze was really good. DH and DS loved the bacon touch.
Delicious! If this could be rated a 10, this recipe deserves it. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a big hit with my family of six. Made meatloaf sandwiches the next day and they were wonderful. Will be on my list to make again and again.
This is a very mosit and tasty meatloaf. The addition of rosemary to the gravy is a nice addition. My family really enjoyed it. I served it with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. I followed the directions exactly and wouldn't change a thing!