Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
From Recipe Goldmine, this is my scaled down, simplified version of Dick Clark's meatloaf. It is the only meatloaf recipe I use now. My boyfriend and I can't decide if it is the Rosemary gravy or the Southern Glaze that makes this meatloaf so special! It's delicious! Tastes even better on sandwiches the next day!
Top Review by Luvs 2 Cook
PRINCESS---- Thanks for the delicous meatloaf. I was in the mood for a meatloaf and was looking for something new. I did add 1/2 tsp liquid smoke. The glaze was really good. DH and DS loved the bacon touch.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven@ 400 Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape meatloaf mixture into a loaf.
- Place in a baking dish which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Drape the bacon slices over the meatloaf length-wise.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- *I use a meat thermometer. The meat should reach at least 160 degrees.*
- Combine Southern Glaze ingredients.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven.
- Using a pastry or a bbq brush, brush the glaze over and around the sides of the meatloaf.
- Return meatloaf to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, combine Rosemary Gravy ingredients.
- Heat on medium heat until hot.