Recipe by Dari Donovan
Salmon patties are quick and easy. I got this recipe from my son's babysitter many years ago. My son is now 20 and we still eat these at least a few times a month. These are very moist when done.
Top Review by Nannydeb
The hubby loved these! I used 2 small cans of (boneless, skinless) tuna, poured off the juice and added the ingredients as listed. Such a simple recipe, but oh so good! No need to change a thing. If you feel the need to spice it up...add a dash of hot sauce. Actually, you can add anything you want, but as I say..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned salmon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Open salmon and drain thoroughly. Place drained salmon in mixing bowl and flake evenly with a fork.
- Add onion, corn meal, flour, mayonnaise, and egg. Stir until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into patties about the size of an average burger or less.
- Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side. Turn once while frying.
- Note: The mayonnaise helps the patties hold their shape and keeps them from being too dry.