Prep 6 mins
Cook 16 mins
Very good! From Southern Living's Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites.
Make and share this Southern-Fried Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry potato chunks in hot oil in a 9- or 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat 12 minutes, turning often.
- Add onion, and cook 5 more minutes. Remove mixture to a serving bowl, using a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- This is rustic cooking at its best. Leave the skins on the potatoes, if you'd prefer. They'll fry crispy brown and save you a step, too.
- A cast iron skillet is an inexpensive investment. Foods cooked in it absorb iron, which will increase the amount of iron you consume.
Perfection! Simple and delicious! Made as directed. Served as a side for fried catfish, with cornbread. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs Event.