Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just a twist on regular potato salad...frying the potatoes instead of boiling them. I know I should be ashamed of myself. Homemade fries are better (just chop potatoes and fry in whatever oil you have until crispy) but you can also use frozen. Also, you can peel the potatoes if you prefer.
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup relish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fry the potatoes (in batches if necessary) in hot oil until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Gently fold in warm potatoes and coat with mixture, being careful not to break the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Love it! But I used regular mustard instead, not a big Dijon mustard fan. Also didn't add red pepper flakes since I was taking it to a friends house & they don't like any form of HOT! But I will add it to it next time I make it for ourselves.
Yummy-ola! This is going RIGHT INTO my cookbook as a KEEPER! Made exactly AS IS, and enjoyed it immensely (oh wait...I left out the celery--didn't have any on hand). I've been making potato salad for YEARS, decades even, and just never once thought to fry the potatoes rather than boiling! So...an old dog can learn a new trick or two. Thanks little_wing for a great one!